Saturday, March 31, 2007

Stupidity in Answers in Genesis

Funny story, I was on a discussion board and someone posted a link to an online review of Chris Hedges' American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War On America found at Answers in Genesis.

Now, before I continue. I should mention that I haven't yet read Hedges' book (I heard about on The Colbert Report and have ordered it via my local library) but I gotta say that I kinda agree with Mark Looy. It is an insult to compare Fascists and Creation-Scientists because, let's face it, no matter how unpopular they are among liberals, they've made small, positive contributions to the society around them. The Facists at least made Italy's trains run on time, while Creation-Scientists has contributed relatively nothing compared to their Evolutionist counterparts.

Then this grabbed my attention (highlights mine):

Incorrect assertions by Hedges include: erroneously suggesting that AiG is a political organization; erroneously suggesting that creationists blame Darwin for social evils like racism; erroneously describing the exhibits inside the future Creation Museum; and totally misrepresenting events in the school system of Dover, Pennsylvania, regarding the teaching of evolution and intelligent design, etc.

I entered "racism" into their search engine and found this:

How have evolutionary ideas contributed to racism and violence?

Looy must not be very familiar with his organization's website.

Before I go, I'll just leave you with some comedy gold I found in an add for a book I found on the web-page:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's the question, though. Do AiG actually blame Darwin and evolutionary beliefs for racism, or do they simply suggest that evolution allows them to believe their racism is merited?