Wednesday, October 1, 2008

READ THIS NOW!

Well, what are you waiting for?

Jesus RX: The untold tale behind Mercy Ministries' one-size-fits-all prescription for recovery.

The best part, IMHO, is the conclusion:

"The whole time I was at Mercy I had blinders on," she says. "For years, I was looking straight ahead, thinking I was the worst person on Earth. Then I took them off and everything got clear."

Last year, she finally gathered the strength to return to Tennessee. She knows Alcorn denies ever having a lesbian relationship or running a gay-recovery ministry. But that doesn't phase her. She saw all she needed to see on her second day back in the state.

"We go into this coffee shop," she says, smiling. "The same one where Nancy used to take me so she could bump into Lisa, right? And guess who walks through the door?"

She's beams at the thought of the punchline. Nancy didn't say a word when she saw Wynne that day. Nancy didn't need to. Her face said it all.

"She was white as a sheet."


It doesn't make sense by itself, so read the piece already.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh
The abuse isn't restricted to the Aussie homes?

Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

Well we all suspected it, but here is a witness willing to to put here name to it. Brave girl

F said...

CS: hum de dum
F: You crazy wanker!
CS: I beg your pardon?
F: You heard me!!!
CS: I suppose I did but-
F: I'm going to stab you.
CS: What?!
F: I'm
CS: ...
F: Going
CS: ...
F: To
CS: ...
CS: ...
CS: ...
F: Stab
CS: I heard you the first time.

Anonymous said...

whoa, fancy new layout. to be honest i preferred the other one. keep up the good fight

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout

Geds said...

Um, you've just transferred to my old color scheme. Some of the people who read my blog complained about it hurting their eyes, for whatever that might be worth...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can easily see how this could hurt ones eyes.

Anonymous said...

I think that you are a sick man with too much time on your hands!!!

Anonymous said...

"Anonymous said...

I think that you are a sick man with too much time on your hands!!!

October 14, 2008 8:49 PM"

I think you should shut up.
Also, I don't care for the new colours.

Warren said...

Hey Cynic Sage, let us know how you go with the lawyers. If MM have been filing false copyright claims they should be held responsible.

By all accounts they have also been using photos of their patients in their printed promo material without their permission.
What a hypocritical organization.

I'm going to be talking to my pastor about them this weekend and I encourage all Christians to do the same.

to cynic sage said...

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/83261,fair-use-comes-first-in-web-video.aspx

I hope that helps you

from a mercy ministries survivor who thinks you're great!